Thursday, October 18, 2007

Frugal Law Student

It's mid-semester and I've realized that I have spent most of my money for the semester already. Don't be so shocked, most of that was used to pay for moving expenses. Moving from abroad I had to buy all new furniture and furniture is definitely NOT cheap! So I've been trying to find ways to save $$ and still enjoy the finer things in life and afford the essential of law school survival (COFFEE).

I realized after looking at my quicken that I spend as much $$ a week on Starbucks that I do on food during the week (weekends I always go out and spend waaaay too much!) I spend a minimum of $5 a day on coffee, sometimes as much as $10. OUCH!! That's between $125 and $200 a month on Starbucks!! HOLY BOLLUCKS!! No wonder I'm broke! I order a quad grande soy latte, sometimes vanilla if I'm feeling extravagant. That darn "latte" and soy part adds up. On Monday I discovered that with the creamers they finally have soy available for free too!! woo hooo!! Now all those dairy allergic people aren't discriminated against!! So I now only spend $2.50 on the same amount of caffeine. How do I do it? I order an extra hot quad espresso in a grande cup and add my own soy milk. It's not steamed milk and I do miss out on that little frothy-ness on top, but seriously an extra $2.50 for warmer and a little froth?? I let it cool off so much anyway before I drink it that it's not much different anyway. At least the way I reason it!!

And on that note, I'm off to Starbucks to get my fix to help me get through the reading due for today!

XOXO

No comments: