Thursday, November 1, 2007

Dear Family and Non-Law-School Friends,

Consider this your notice that from Monday until Exams are over in December, I will have limited time to gchat, AIM, email, skype, txt (who am I kidding?), talk on the phone for hours at a time, go out drinking every night, spend all weekend parying and shopping...basically spend quality time with you.

Sadly, you will all be replaced by law school friends competition, our days spent shopping and partying will be replaced by hours in the library writing and re-writing my memo, outlining and re-outlining, reading and re-reading.

In light of this, I have scheduled times that I will still have fun and go out in Law School City . If you want to see me then that's when it will have to be, unless you want to come sit in the library with me ;). However, I will still be going to the gym M-F mornings, so if you really miss me, get your cul out of bed and join me at spinning!

Friends, the following are definite events that are currently planned and your attendance is welcomed: saturday brunch, thanksgiving break re-hash (saturday following Thanksgiving), christmas party, wednesday night we-almost-survived-another-week dinner and the Fave Band concert. There will also be at least one more crazy Saturday night (i said at least!) or Thursday night Bar Review.

Family, I will be home for Thanksgiving, but only for 3 days. You have me completely on Thanksgiving, so bring on the Beaujolais Nouveau, Turkey, Champagne, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!

If, however, you bring a care package (or just coffee/redbull/no-doz) I'll find time to squeeze you in!

I will miss you all dearly.

XOXO,
1L Elle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey I found your blog. I'm applying to law schools and I've worked for a few years like it seems you have. Seems like your law school has a lot of people that party and hook up and all, which is good I guess, but is there a divide between the 22 year olds and people in their late 20's? I kind of wonder about that. I mean, I wouldn't mind a little return to the frat boy days before I start hitting the books!