Monday, October 1, 2007

Fall is Here!!

It's 7:30am and I cannot sleep. 6.5hrs of sleep and I'm completely energized. Ask me on Thursday morning if I'd get up at 7:30am and I'd punch you in the face, but today I woke up to the first real Fall day of the year! I slept with the windows open last night, it was around 50 degrees and I was able to sleep snuggled up under my warm duvet. I woke up and watched the sunrise. The weather reminds me so much of arriving in France. And listening to a city is wake up is amazing. At 6:30 all I hear is birds chirping, 7am cars start moving around, by 7:30 the kids are up and off to school, neighbors are out for their morning jogs and Starbucks runs. By 8am horns will be honking and construction will resume on the building across the street and the puppies will be barking. Until then I'm sitting on my balcony watching the world wake up, drinking my coffee and actually thinking about opening my crim book. I love the mornings so much more than the nights, for observing that is. In the morning its a brand new day, everything smells so fresh, and there is so much possibility and optimism, like the dream that I'm actually going to get in a run this morning, finish my reading for Crim AND finish my memo rewrites. By nightfall, the day is over, everyone is tired after the long day of working, you realize that you didn't get 75% done of what was planned, but there's still that optimism that you'll stay up all night and be ready for the next day, after you watch all the shows you've Tivo'd and share a bottle of wine with your friends and caught up on all the law school gossip.

The semester is already almost half over!!!! Not to panic anyone or anything!!!!!! OMG, I haven't started outlining yet! I haven't finished listening to LEEWS again! All the panic is already starting to hit everyone. Just as we're starting to understand the cases and the classes are finally starting to "click", Legal Writing is ramping up to kick our a$$es. If it's only October 1 and people are going crazy what will Dec 1, right before finals, be like?????

No comments: