Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hate the Law?

I'm reading law school message boards and there seems to be a lot of 1Ls who hate law school. Is that what's supposed to be happening? I don't really see it at my school. Everyone is stressed out about midterms (which can't hurt your grade) and starting to fret over outlines...I mean, I bitch about the reading and the research and the writing, but honestly, its not that bad. Definitely not bad enough to drop out and lose $25K. But now that they mention it, I wonder if that's why my Civ Pro class seems so empty. Or maybe they just decided that they can teach themselves the law? I'll have to investigate and see who's missing.

On another note, I have my ticket home for Thanksgiving!!! :-) I'm leaving super early on Tuesday and coming home on Friday night. It's a short break, but it's so close to finals that I'm one of the only ones who is even going home! If it was any other holiday then maybe I'd spend it w/ my friends in New Law School City, but Thanksgiving is the only holiday that my family isn't completely dysfunctional, only minimally! Plus my baby bro is home from Iraq and about to be deployed back to another military conflict area and I want to spend some quality time with him (i.e. try to beat him up, get beat up by him, and then get some brotherly advice). I can't wait!!

1 comment:

law school groupie said...

I love finding 1L's I think I may be like one day...I'll keep reading :)

Glad that you think law school isn't as bad as it is made out to be by others!