Saturday, June 23, 2007

Faith Restored

I know I complain and rant all the time on my blog. In person I'm not really this way. I'm truly an optimistic and very cheerful person, but sometimes a girl's just got to let it out, and its not like anyone reads this anyway!

Well, today I'm not going to complain or rant, my faith has been restored that there are truly good people out there. Random acts of kindness is not gone forever!! What, you may ask, has restored my faith? Well, I was wallking home from the gym today, nasty sweaty, tired, and a little cranky since blood sugar was too low. Oh, and did I mention that it was also 95 degrees and sunny and humid? UGH! I'm walking along mentally deciding if I could physically run home (i'd just run 8 miles on the treadmill) and if I did run home how soon I could be jumping in the pool. I'm completely oblivious to anything around me when I hear a passing car stop and the driver yells "One L, do you want a ride?" This may not seem like much, but on the days that I've walked or ridden my bike from the gym friends from the gym pass me and the next day as we're chatting they say "I saw you walking yesterday. You looked so hot and miserable!" they say this and yet they never stop to offer a ride. They probably don't want my sweaty body sitting on their new leather seats, and I don't blame them ;)

Anyway, thanks Gym-guy for the ride today!

No comments: