Wednesday, June 6, 2007

62 years ago



Today is the 62nd anniversary of the Invasion of Normandy, D-Day, J-Jour...I would think that every person over the age of 12 knows what D-Day is. Living in France I've visited the beaches and tried to imagine what those boys saw and felt as they fought for inches, losing so many of their brothers. The American Cemetary is haunting, with its rows upon rows of crosses. These boys fought for the freedom that we have today.

At work I was sitting at my desk and it hit me what today is, I asked one of my co-workers if he realized that today is D-Day. I work with an idiot. He had no clue what D-Day was and asked if I was going to have a party to celebrate?? Ummmm...what?? We honor the memory of the men who fought on that day, but it's not a light the fireworks and tap the keg kind of celebration day!

Merci for what you and your friends did that day on Omaha beach! Je t'aime!

No comments: