Sunday, May 6, 2007

Summer in Provence

I can't even begin about this movie! Yes, it's true that I fall hard for an accent, guilty, but that's not the reason I'm in love. After watching this movie I remember what I love about France. It's not Paris (although my love affair with this city is long and passionate, albeit tumultuos at times), it's the small quaint villages that have character, it's the lazy afternoons spent sipping a beautiful bottle of wine. Living in France is an experience for all the senses. There is beautiful scenery, but the taste and smells of fresh baking bread from the boulangerie and the taste of the pain au chocolat so flaky and buttery and warm the chocolat melts, or the taste of a cheap bottle of wine enjoyed on a summer day with friends watching the sun set from the steps of the beautiful cathedral (except for the smell of the metros during summer rushhours when the people aren't wearing deodorant and there is no air conditioning (la climatisation)) Forget law school I'm buying a villa in Provence where I can sit and contemplate the world while tasting all the wines the region has to offer.

At the very least I've decided that if I can't get a paying firm job next summer, I'm studying abroad. I miss living abroad. It makes me so aprreciative of what I have when I come home.

No comments: