Friday, April 27, 2007

Breaking the News

This week I finally told some of my best friends that I'm going to law school in the fall. Up to this point only my family and my recommenders knew of my plans (hopes) to start law school in August. I didn't want to tell anyone until I actually got accepted by a school that I would be happy staying for 3 years. I also didn't want to tell people have them get all excited for me and have them encourage me and then to fail to follow through. Over the past few years (since I left the big bad corporate world) I've changed direction so many times that I think my friends are lost keeping track of me! I finally found something that I love and I'm putting it on the back burner for a few years until I get my JD and then I'll hopefully come back to it with better opportunities open to me.

It feels like such a weight off to finally tell my girls what I've been keeping secret for so long. They are so supportive of my decision (as if there was any doubt!!!) and this is one of the many times that I'm so blessed to have the best girlfriends in the world! It would just be so much better if we all just lived in the same region!

Thanks Girls! I heart you!! When is our next big adventure??

No comments: